We had a PD session yesterday (24 September 2018) on PB4L. This made me think about what I actually do in my class to create a positive behaviour for learning. I have been lucky enough to have done the Incredible years programme and even though this is aimed at younger students I do use a lot of its philosphey in my class. I have tried to create an enviornment of support and encouragement, where students feel safe and valued. Different things that I do to encourage a positive environment are:
- Banqer rewards for positive behaviour
- Waka Points
- High Expectations of the behaviour I expect to see from my students
- Starting each day afresh because everyone deserves a new chance.
- Looking for the positives in my students and encouraging them to look at the positives in others
- Growth Mindset in my students (Done in conversation, and as a morning book completed first thing in the morning)
Students seem to enjoy being in the class, and they are generally positive towards each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment