Wednesday, 1 August 2018

New Beginnings

This term began with my whole class going on Camp so we didn't get stuck into school until week 2. I began the Monday of Week 2 with a recap of the last two terms, and we talked about camps and how much we grew as people.

I then introduced the students to a few things I had changed around the room to make this term flow better. These have included:

  • Using labels for our timetable, rather then just writing it up each day. I have made this change to try and limit the amount of whiteboard markers my class goes through (Better for the environment and all that)
  • Having a timetable clearly displayed of who is on duty so students can see straight away.
  • Clearly showing on the class term timetable and on the the board when work is due, so that students are developing self-efficacy and not leaving work to the last minute (Hopefully)
  • Having everyone assigned to a new job and encouraging students who are not normally very helpful in class into leadership roles (Fingers crossed)
As well as this I also wanted to continue to build on the digital technology use in the class. I have done this by:
  • Continuing to use Google Classroom to set tasks and give notice
  • Continuing to use Seesaw for the students. Each student has a goal around the subject areas for the term which they have shared on Seesaw. I am hoping to get the students blogging on Fridays using Seesaw
  • Introducing Education Perfect to my class for maths and potentially using it for science, maths and reading
  • Using ARBs and linking this to Google Classroom
This week has had a much more positive feel, which I will put down to the bonding that has come from camp. Students seem excited to be back at school and are looking forward to two terms of solid work before the move on to high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment