Thursday, 21 June 2018

iPad animation. 10 Mohua's attempt

So for the past two days the girls have been away doing self defence, and I was just left with the boys. I pondered what I could do with them. I didn't really want to run a normal programme for them as I felt that it would be unfair for them to continue to the normal class programme. Thus I decided to test out iPad animation with them.

We started by looking at different animations that other student have done (From the Newtown Movie Site (http://www.acumen.net.nz/pages/NMS26Years.html)

Then I showed them how to set up the Audio for it. I used one iPad and as a whole class they came out with a plot and came up with the 7 sentences of Audio.

"It's another cold day in Space"
"Where's this astroid coming from?"
"Quick go get the space fried aliens "
"The fridge is stuck"
"It's going to hit the ship"
"Luckily I have a sauce cannon"
"And then I woke up"

The boys has turn about recording and being recorded. This meant that those who didn't want to have their voices recorded still felt involved.

Once the audio was done we airdropped it to the other two iPads and the boys then split into three groups of four and began to work on their audio. This was interesting as some of the boys thought they knew it all and weren't interested in listening to instructions. One group found out the hard way what happens if you think you know it all, when they lost all their recording. It was also interesting to see how they were more interested in finding music, rather then thinking about the audio will actually sound.

When the audio was done they began to work on their sets, and their props/characters. I found this process a bit of an eye opener as I tried not to intervene in problems that were arising with team work (Issues with iPad ect I helped with) I discovered that half of the boys in my class really struggle with practical problem solving, and working in a group. This is something I will need to continue to work on for them this year.

Overall iPad animation in the class worked well. Most of the students seem to enjoy it and produced some fantastic movies.

Next time:

  • Make sure everyone listens to instructions. (Would be cool to somehow project iPad onto board so they could see exactly what was .happening.)
  • Get students to discuss exactly what they are going to do
  • Have a spare iPad so that you have a back up of music in case you have someone delate all their audio

 



















No comments:

Post a Comment