Today (21st March) We had writing PLD with Raewyn Green. She started off with a quick revision activity, where we could make a simple 8-page book, and use this for revision. We each had to make one, and used it to revise non-continuous text. I actually found this really hard, as I had been sick and missed the previous session. The wee book was a great idea, and a really fun way for students to show their understanding of a concept that has been taught to see if they have fully grasped the concept. I will be trying it out in my ALL group, and using it with the rest of the class for other revision activities.
We also looked at annotating scientific diagrams, which I feel was really beneficial as it now means that all staff are on the same page. I am fortunate that I relatively familiar with Scientific diagrams having completed sciences right through until 7th form. We are going have a list that students can follow for their scientific drawings. I am pleased about this, as diagrams and labelling correctly was one thing that let my students down during the Science Baseline Data assessments.
We also looked at ARBs and TKI and looked at the different exemplars on there. I have used both these resources before, but it helps to remind me that they are there and able to be used.
My take homes from todays PD are:
- Revision booklet – how to make it and how to use it
- Scientific Diagrams – rules ect
No comments:
Post a Comment