My ALL group this intake is a boys group. Tommie, Jaedey, Jayden, William, Jordan and Jayk. I have selected these boys as they all lack confidence in their writing, and are all working just below where they should be. All of them have identified similar areas they want to work on in their writing, and, most importantly, they are all keen to be a part of the programme.
![]() |
| Individualised planning |
Each student will complete the Writing Learning Pathway for themselves, they will identify what they like to write about, and what they can do well in their writing. This will also record how they think their family/whānau want them to be a successful writer, as well as their next steps. They will also identify how I will help them on their writing journey. Students will have a picture taken of themselves also and this will be placed in the middle of the page. the number down the side are for the weeks that we are going to be doing ALL for, and are for individual planning for each student.
I have so ideas already for this week group. These have come from one-one conversations I have had with each of them, and from the Literacy Progressions which each student in my class has stuck in the back of their literacy draft book.

All students in my class were encouraged to have a goal that they are working towards in their literacy. As you can see from the photos two of the students have highlighted lots because they think they can do it. However, when I have asked them to show me where it is happening in their writing, they have realised that they may have exaggerated their knowledge and confidence in writing. (Some were trying to keep up with their friends) Students really seem to enjoy having individual goals relating just to them.
I am really looking forward to ALL this year, I do feel a little daunted at times at what exactly I am meant to be doing, but I am looking forward to seeing the progress from these young men.



No comments:
Post a Comment